At In A Jar Foods, we take pride in the fact that all of our ingredients are all natural and organic. No preservatives. No artificial flavoring. Just the wholesome ingredients that we feel every food should consist of.
Right on our labels we state every ingredient that is in our jar, and because we layer our ingredients in glass jars, if you look closely, you can see them too!
We also take pride in our efforts to be eco-friendly. All of our products are in glass jars that are both recyclable and re-usable. Our labels are 100% recyclable, made of wood pulp, so they're biodegradable in both industrial and home compost environments!
What does being certified organic entail?
- no human sewage sludge fertilizer used in cultivation of plants or feed of animals
- avoidance of synthetic chemical inputs not on the National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances (e.g. fertilizer, pesticides, antibiotics, food additives, etc.), genetically modified organisms, irradiation, and the use of biosolids;
- use of farmland that has been free from prohibited synthetic chemicals for a number of years (often, three or more);
- keeping detailed written production and sales records (audit trail);
- maintaining strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products;
- undergoing periodic on-site inspections.
Why is being eco-friendly important?
Food packaging accounts for nearly 32 percent of all household waste in the United States, according to Earth911. This packaging consists of cans, bottles, boxes and bags used to store your favorite foods and beverages, as well as takeout containers from restaurants and carryouts. When this waste is thrown out with your regular garbage, it contributes to a host of environmental problems, including pollution and global warming. By recycling your food packaging, you can reduce your impact and help to conserve resources for future generations.